Few users have experienced a strange problem while working with their Word documents. As reported in several forums, a typical error that states “cannot save Word document due to file permission error” is bothering some MS Word users. This error crops up when you modified an existing Word file and try to save it. As the error itself indicates, it does not allow you to save the word file that you worked. Obviously, you might be wondering why Word is not allowing me to save my file. But, there exist some specific reasons for this issue.
The probable causes behind Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error message are:
If you face file permission error when saving Word document, then don’t quit Word application directly. Instead, give a try for below-explained techniques and try to save your modified Word file.
1. Try to save it again and again, if you get the file permission error when trying to save Word document for the first time.
2. Use "Save As" option, instead of "Save". And, save the file to a new location.
3. Check the drive, where you are trying to save the Word file for any permission criteria. If it has, then change its access permissions and then save the file.
4. Verify whether you are logged in as System Admin or Standard User. Try to login as Admin and save the Word file.
5. If you are experiencing cannot save Word document due to file permission error while working on a document, which is located in a network shared folder then ensure availability of proper internet.
6. If your computer is running with more than one malware scanning programs then pause all (leaving one) and try to save your document.
Note: Keep any, one trusted antivirus program in your system to reduce the creation of unnecessary problems due to confliction between many AV tools.
7. Copy entire content from your Microsoft Word document that shows file permission error. Paste it in a new location like new Word file, WordPad, Notepad etc. Save it to a safe location. Now, try to fix your error screening Word file using Microsoft’s built-in repair option i.e. Open and Repair.
If inbuilt repair technique fails to fix your Word file, then try Remo Repair Word.
The effective Word Repair utility provided by Remo is easy for your corrupted, inaccessible as well as error screening Microsoft Word files. This robust solution can even repair Microsoft Word document that is not opening, showing strange characters instead of actual content, opening as blank file etc. This is the simple as well as a preeminent option for repairing Word files as it is enough potent to address any issues, errors problems of Microsoft Word document, regardless of the source for the glitch. The tool offers a handy interface and capable tech guidance to repair not responding Word file after severe corruption. This clean (malware free) software do not touch your original Word file! Yes, it just reads the affected file, replicates it and works on duplicate copy. So, your source file is intact.
Step 1: Install Remo Repair Word tool on your Windows computer. Launch the software, click on Browse key, select the affected Word file and hit Repair button.
Step 2: After the repair process, preview the fixed Word file via Preview File.
Step 3: Browse new location and hit Save button to keep your repaired file safely.