Fix Zip File Windows 7
Compressed files and folders take up lower storage space and can be conveniently transferred to other devices more quickly than uncompressed data. One can access compressed files and folders in the exact same way that one work can work with the same files and folders when uncompressed. Also, you can combine several files or folders into a single compressed ZIP folder. This makes it handy to share a group of files such as games, softwares and so on.
Windows 7 operating system had a built-in application that enables a file or folder to be compressed, meaning, can zip and unzip files. Zipping or unzipping can be easily done: all you have to do is, right – click on the files / folders that are to be zipped and select Zip option and click on it. Likewise, the files / folders can be unzipped in the same fashion.
Actions that can corrupt Windows 7 Zip files:
- Problems while downloading or transferring Windows 7 Zip files via Internet
- Dissimilarity in content about any data that is recorded in the Zip file directories
- Inconsistencies or any corruption issues in the header data of a Windows 7 Zip file
- Unreliable third party file compression tools can cause errors in the Windows 7 Zip files to damage them
- Viruses and malwares can be a major cause in Windows 7 Zip file corruptions
In any of the above mentioned and similar cases, Windows 7 Zip files can get corrupt or damaged and all its contents can get inaccessible. Under such circumstances, you may be unable to extract any contents from it and you may want to use a reliable ZIP Repair tool such as Remo Repair Zip in order to repair Zip file Windows 7.
Using Remo Repair Zip tool to repair Zip file Windows 7 has many benefits:
- Repair Zip file Windows 7 which are extensively damaged with ease, no matter if the Zip files are affected with viruses, damaged due to bad sectors on disk, broken due to faulty downloads or is inaccessible
- Perform Windows 7 Zip file repair on large sized Zip files which are corrupt. These files are more prone to errors or corruptions than the small sized ones. The errors are likely to occur during decompressing or extracting files from large sized Zip files. Remo Repair Zip can easily repair Windows 7 Zip file which is a victim of this issue
- Remo Repair Zip uses a distinctive scan system for repairing Windows 7 Zip files which allows itself to bypass the password protection or encryption of the corrupt Windows 7 Zip file and recover all of its contents
- This software facilitates you to preview all recovered Zip files and folders from within its built-in preview window before storing them back to any location. This feature helps users to check all recoverable contents prior to saving them back
- Remo Repair Zip is non-destructive and read-only application and it does not alter the original Zip file in any manner. It creates a replica of the original Zip file that is to be repaired to ensure the original file is not affected in any way
- You can make use of free trial version of Remo Repair Zip to perform Windows 7 Zip file fix which has all the features of the full version. Hence you can scan, fix and preview all files before going for the registered version of this software
Steps to repair Windows 7 Zip files using Remo Repair Zip:
Step 1: : To repair Windows 7 Zip file, install and run Remo Repair on your computer and select the Windows 7 Zip files using "Browse".
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: You shall see this screen after you click the "Repair" button..
Figure 2: Repair Process
Step 3: Once the repair process is complete, preview all the repaired Windows 7 Zip file items from the Archive.
Figure 3: Preview Files
Step 4: Save Zip files on any desired location using "Save" option.
Figure 4: Save Recovered Items