Scanpst.exe also called as Inbox Repair tool is an inbuilt feature that comes along with Microsoft Office Outlook built with an intention to
fix minor issues and corruptions in the Outlook PST files. Errors caused by any abnormalities can be addressed by running Scanpst. But there are certain cases where the Scanpst is unable to resolve the issues, mainly caused by reasons mentioned below.
Hardware errors causing Outlook PST errors:
- Faults with the online servers during handling the Outlook PST files over an internet network such as errors in domains, servers, routers and so on may result in PST files getting corrupt or damaged
- The storage device fails to maintain the Outlook PST files safely and causes them to get deleted or lost which in turn causes the Outlook contents to get inaccessible
- While trying to shift PST files from one storage medium to another improperly for any reason can cause the PST files to get corrupt
- Power related problems such as power outages and abruptions while accessing the Outlook PST files can corrupt the PST files in a way that the Scanpst won’t be able to repair
Software errors causing Outlook PST errors:
- An Outlook PST file can get corrupted when it is infected with viruses and malwares or while performing routine virus cleanups
- While restoring PST files after deletion with the help of any unreliable
third party recovery tool can sometimes corrupt those files making you to fix PST without Scanpst tool aid
- Due to a weak or corrupted Microsoft Outlook application, a PST file that is being accessed can get corrupted. In such case, you will have to
mend PST without Scanpst help
- Abruptly terminating the Microsoft Outlook application while accessing files in it may sometime cause file corruptions
- While compressing or decompressing PST files, should there be any error occurred you will have to
repair PST without Scanpst tool to recover the PST files
Under such situations the PST files can get corrupt easily resulting in the Outlook contents being inaccessible. You are supposed to fix PST without Scanpst tool in order to get back access to all your important information. One such tool to perform PST file fix
when Scanpst fails is Remo Repair PST. It is very reliable and far more superior that the Inbox repair tool in fixing PST without Scanpst.
Perform PST file repair without using Scanpst:
Remo Repair PST is a renowned tool to address all damaged or corrupt Outlook PST files in areas where the
scanpst fails to mend pst file. Its advanced features and easy accessibility makes Remo Repair PST the best Outlook repair tool available. The simple user interface of this tool helps you to effortlessly fix corrupt Outlook PST files without any technical knowledge or help.
Other features of Remo Repair PST:
- Remo Repair PST allows you to view the repaired PST files even before saving them back to any disk. This helps you to make sure that all PST contents are retrieved correctly and are fully functional. Only after previewing its contents, you can save the repaired PST files by getting the full version of this tool
- Remo Repair PST tool works seamlessly irrespective of the Windows operating system (2003, XP, Windows 7, 8, etc.) and regardless of the Microsoft Outlook version
- Apart from fixing Outlook PST files Remo Repair PST can be used to conveniently mend Outlook offline contents such as the OST folder
Steps for repairing Outlook PST files using Remo Repair PST when Scanpst doesn’t:
Step 1: : Run Remo Repair PST on your Windows computer and browse for the corrupted PST file from main screen to select "Next" option.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Select appropriate repair option from the options provided to proceed with the PST repair process.
Figure 2: Select Option
Step 3: Select the drive where you wish to store the repaired PST file and click on “Next” to begin scanning process.
Figure 3: Select Drive
Step 4: Once scanning process is finished, you can view the repaired PST files along with other contents.
Figure 4: Preview Window