Unable to open or use an important PowerPoint file? Quickly fix it using Remo Repair PPT to get back with your presentation file.
- Quickly repairs corrupt or unreadable PPT, PPTX, and PPS files.
- Repairs and recovers all the PPT file attributes like text, formatting, videos, images, animations, sound effects, OLE objects, hyperlinks, etc.
- The free demo version of the tool fixes and offers free preview of the repaired PowerPoint file before saving.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a program to present information in an organized manner in the form of slides. It is extensively used in both corporate and education settings. Users can create a variety of presentations ranging from simple to complex multimedia presentations. These slides can include photos, videos and other multimedia objects along with text.
Reasons for PowerPoint file corruption:
Although PowerPoint is widely used, users do come across situations where the applications hangs or freezes. In other cases, the system may crash leaving your PowerPoint file corrupted. Listed below are some other reasons for the corrupt PowerPoint presentation files.
- PowerPoint crash: If the program crashes when your PPT file is being saved, it may leave your file corrupted.
- Round tripping: You may convert a PPT file to a Word document for Word’s fancy formatting features. Then converting it back to PPT may cause issues with the structure of the document leading to corruption.
- Bad sectors: Presence of bad sectors on the drive where PPT files are placed can cause corruption in these files.
- Editing PPT files stored on external storage device: External storage devices have a limited number of write cycles. So, by editing files on a storage device, you are exhausting those write cycles and also increasing the chance of corruption.
- Incomplete transfer: If the USB device connected to the system loses power during data transfer, chances of file corruption are high. Corruption in this case is a result of files being incompletely written.
Symptoms of PPT file corruption
In general, the symptoms of corruption in PPT PPTX files are unpredictable. So, you may come across issues other than the ones mentioned. Some of the most common symptoms are listed here.
- Objects placed in the slide may overlap or get misplaced
- Animations may be misplaced or go missing
- Formatting may be out of place
- Blank Presentation file though content is present in it
- PowerPoint crashes when you try to open the corrupt file
In other cases, you may also encounter error messages such as -
- ‘The file you are trying to open is corrupt’,
- ‘PowerPoint cannot open the file’,
- ‘Part of the file is missing’
- ‘Not a PowerPoint presentation’
- ‘PowerPoint found a problem with content’
Now that you are familiar with symptoms of corruption, let’s move on to the solution for corrupt PPT files.
Repair PowerPoint files using Remo PowerPoint Repair tool
Remo Repair PPT is designed to repair corruption issues with your PPT files. It can be used to open PowerPoint and repair issues ranging from header inconsistencies to virus infected files. It can also be used to repair files that are damaged due to system crash or due to bad sectors.
- Ability to repair PPT, PPS and PPTX file formats created with PowerPoint 2016, 2013, PowerPoint 2010, 2007, and earlier versions
- Can repair PPT’s that cannot be opened
- After repair, all PowerPoint attributes such as text along with formatting, pictures, videos, animations and other multimedia objects can be recovered
- Hyperlinks and OLE objects can also be recovered
- Provides a free Preview of the repaired PPT file before purchasing the software
Steps to repair PowerPoint files using Remo Repair PowerPoint:-
Download Remo PowerPoint software by clicking on the Download button. All you need is a computer with 1 GB RAM and a 50 MB space for software installation. Then complete the installation process and click on the .exe file to launch the software.
Step 1: In the home screen, click on Browse to select the corrupt PPT file to be repaired
Step 2: Next, click the Repair button to repair the corrupt PPT file. Allow the software to complete the repair process. It may take some time depending on the level of corruption.
Step 3: Wait untill the repair process gets completed
Step 4: After the repair is complete, you are given an option to Preview the file. You can take advantage of the Preview feature using the free demo version of the software.
Step 5: Register the licensed version of the software to complete the save process.
- Remo PowerPoint Repair software is designed to be compatible with all versions of Windows including Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista etc.
- It works with all versions of Microsoft Office including Office 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 etc.