Windows 10 System Restore is the ideal solution for the users to roll back system to previous versions when there are some issues with Windows 10. However, if you find System Restore is turned on, but it’s still not working in Windows 10, then try the following troubleshooting methods.
Method 1: Run System Restore from Safe Mode
To bypass the System Restore did not complete successfully on Windows 10, you can try to run the system in Safe Mode. Here is the detailed guide:
1. Restart your Windows 10 computer and press F8.
Note: If you have dual boot configuration, choose Windows and hit F8 before the Windows logo appears.
2. Choose Safe Mode and click Enter key.
3. After Windows is completed loading, run System Restore and follow the wizard instructions to continue.
Method 2: Run clean boot
Executing a clean boot of your Windows computer might fix the error- System Restore not working on Windows 10. Follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Press Windows Key + R, then type msconfig and click OK to open System Configuration.
2. Under General settings, uncheck the Load startup items from the Selective startup button.
3. Select Services icon, check Hide all Microsoft services option and click Disable all tab.
4. Click on OK and restart your PC.
Method 3: Try Remo Recover file recovery program
If you have tried lot of things and Windows 10 System Restore failed just doesn’t work at all, you can use Remo Recover file recovery tool as an alternative. The software comes with powerful algorithms and intuitive user interface to help you effortlessly recover files after system restore on Windows 10/8/7. Moreover, you have an option to evaluate the performance of the software and its features by using the demo version which is free of cost.
What cause Windows 10 System Restore failed?
Few common error messages pop up when Windows 10 System Restore failed: