PST file, no doubt is an important file of Microsoft Outlook that not only lets you to store your data but also lets you to migrate all your data from one Outlook account to other. In spite of its useful nature, it is also prone to corruption issues that lead to severe data loss. There are many reasons behind the corruption of Outlook PST file, and one out of which is improper termination of Outlook when PST file in use. However, corruption of PST file can be prevented, if you work consciously and observe certain precautions, as many a times, it is your haphazard ways of working with Outlook that results in certain error messages. How to prevent PST file damage? Don’t worry, just go through below mentioned safety measures to avoid PST file corruption.
Hence, to know how to prevent PST file corruption, just have a look at the below mentioned precautions:
- Always Terminate Outlook Gracefully: Abrupt termination of Outlook application increases the chance of PST file corruption. Therefore, it is advised to terminate Outlook gracefully, when all the operations are finished successfully
- Maintain Backup of PST File: In spite of taking all the precautions, sometimes you may come across PST file corruption, which results in complete data loss. However, if you have backup of PST file, then you can overcome this issue easily.
- Protect your System with Updated Anti-virus Program: Another prominent reasons behind corruption of PST file is virus infection. Therefore, to avoid such situation, keep your system protected with updated and reliable anti-virus software.
- Don’t Bloat PST File: The size of PST file in Outlook varies from version to version. Outlook 2002 and early versions supports PST file of 2GB, whereas 2003 and later versions of Outlook support PST file of 20 GB. Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 versions of Outlook supports PST file of 50 GB. So, try to keep the size of PST file lesser than the predefined sizes and enjoy smooth running with your Outlook profile.
- Save PST File on Hard Drive: Saving PST file on server or other network drives increases the chance of PST file corruption. Therefore, always try to save your Outlook PST file on your hard drive, as PST file is designed to be saved on hard drives only.
However, in spite of taking all the above mentioned precautionary steps to avoid PST file corruption, if your PST file gets corrupt, then make use of Remo Repair PST tool to fix Outlook PST file easily in three easy steps.