At times, browser crash unexpectedly and pops up message stating “Your personal files are encrypted?” This is a message from a CryptoLocker malware demanding an immediate payment to unlock your data or files will be destroyed.
Once CryptoLocker infects your computer, it encrypts all files on your PC and leave you with no choice but to pay the required CrptoLocker amount. But, the fact is you can still save your files without paying anything and remove CryptoLocker virus from your system. All you must do is follow the removal guide explained below to eliminate CryptoLocker.
Important: Do not continue to remove CryptoLocker Ransomware unless:
How to get rid of CryptoLocker after your computer has been infected?
Two effective and quick solution to remove CryptoLocker virus from your computer are explained here.
Solution 1: Remove CryptoLocker virus using System Restore
1. Restart your computer and during booting process, press F8 key multiple times until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears
2. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and hit Enter key
3. Type cd restore in the Command Prompt and click Enter
4. Type rstrui.exe and press Enter, then click on Next in the opened window
5. Choose the available Restore Points and click on Next button, then press Yes option
6. After restoring your system to previous date, you need to download and scan your PC with malware removal tool to completely remove CryptoLocker malware files
Solution 2: Remove CryptoLocker Ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
For Windows 7, Vista & XP users:
For Windows 10, 8.1 &8 users:
2. Scan your computer by using anti-malware application
3. Delete all CryptoLocker malware hidden files
What will you do if important files wiped out after removal of CryptoLocker infection?
When critical files disappear from your computer after removing CryptoLocker Ransomware, then download Remo Recover file recovery program and get to know how to restore files after CryptoLocker infection. The software is designed with simple and intuitive interface so that even a newbie can easily perform missing file recovery after virus or CryptoLocker infection on Windows computer. It supports all versions of Windows computer including the latest Windows 10 OS.