Generally, when you want to upload a photo to your social media account or website, you may use either PNG or JPG/JPEG format. However, you can use both formats for all type of picture but there are specific reasons why you want to use a different format for some type of image.
For instance, when you want to share an image that contains only text, then PNG format holds good. If you want to share a portrait, then JPG is the preferred format. Now if you try to convert a PNG picture to JPG format, you may compromise the quality. But, in this tutorial guide you will learn how to convert PNG to JPG and keep quality of the original image same.
What’s the best way to convert PNG to JPG without losing quality?
It is a common case when user convert their pictures from PNG to JPG or vice versa but with the compromise of quality. But this is not going to happen in these methods. To convert PNG image to JPG format, you can use tools that are available on your own computer.
The methods explained below will show you how to convert PNG to JPG and keep quality of your original pictures. Let’s check out what those methods are:
Method 1: Use MS Paint to convert PNG to JPG
1. Go to Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Paint
2. Click on Open to open the image that you want to convert
3. After the image is opened, go to the menu bar and click Save As option
4. Select location, add a name and make sure format is set to JPG, then click on Save button
Method 2: Converting image from PNG to JPG using Photoshop
1. Launch Photoshop and Open PNG image that you want to convert
2. Go to File and select Save for Web or just press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S keys together to choose the image format
3. Select JPEG format from the drop down list and chose a path, then hit Save button
The above explained methods are the easiest way to convert your pictures from PNG to JPG. After converting the image, you can go back and delete the original picture that is up to you. In case, if you have accidentally deleted important photo rather than converted image, then use Remo Recover software to recover deleted photos of various types including PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIF and many more.