“I had an AVI file which when played shows me the following error “This AVI file is broken. Seeking will not work correctly. Do you want to try to fix it? This might take a long time”. After this error pop-up I choose “Yes” due to which the media player started fixing the AVI index, but at some stage the process got terminated. I thought the AVI video file was fixed but unfortunately the same error is been displayed once again. I dint give up so I again started fixing the issue using media player, but once again the same things repeated. Thus can anybody help me out from this critical situation?”
This type of situation will occur mainly when the index of AVI file is damaged or corrupted, and when index is damaged then you will not be able play the file in any media player. However these kinds of issues can be resolved with the help of some reliable tools. But prior to repairing AVI file lets go through some of the common reasons behind AVI index corruption.
- In this modern world sharing and downloading files from internet is common thus if the downloading or sharing results incomplete then there are chances that the index of AVI file will get damaged
- When there is any virus in your computer then there are chances that the virus which is present in your computer can infect the file leading to damage of AVI index
- At times media player which is capable of repairing index of AVI can at times make the things worst if the process results incomplete or if the index repair of the AVI is beyond its capability
- There are situations where you may try to convert the file from one file format to another, thus in this process there are probabilities that the conversion can result incomplete or when the program which is involved in conversion can be untrusted due to which the index of file will be damaged
As stated earlier that if the index of AVI file is damaged then you will not be able to play the file, but these kinds of situations can make you frustrated. Thus in these situations you can make use of Remo Repair AVI tool which can easily fix the issue of index.
Characteristics of Remo Repair AVI
- It is considered as one of the best AVI tool which can easily fix almost all kinds of issues related to AVI, additionally fixes AVI file that is unplayable due to corruption
- The tool can be easily installed on various Mac operating systems such as Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (64-bit), Lion 10.7 (64-bit), Mountain Lion 10.8 (64-bit) and Mavericks 10.9 (64-bit)
- Requires or consumes very less amount of memory for installation, additionally it is free from malfunction and harmful virus due to which you can stop worrying about your computer getting harmed
- Apart from AVI file the software is capable of handling other files such as xvid and divx file formats
- Software is built with much care and has standard algorithms which can carry out the task of repair in much safer way because of which there is no need to worry about damage to the file
- Capable of repairing AVI file that are stored on storage devices such as flash drives, memory cards, hard drives (both internal and external), iPods etc.
- After repair the tool allows you to have a look on the repaired AVI file, by this one can come to know whether the file is repaired or not
- It is recommended that you make use of a good anti-virus program so as to defend harmful viruses
- It is always good to have an additional copy of AVI file so that if one troubles you then you can make use of other
- When you are converting the files from one file format to other then make sure you make use of a reliable tool which can efficiently convert the file
Steps in repairing AVI index using Remo Repair AVI tool:
Step 1: Download and install Remo Repair AVI on your Mac computer, start the application and select the damaged AVI file and click "Repair".
Figure 1: Browse damaged AVI File
Step 2: Once the repair process is complete, you can play a portion of the fixed AVI file using "Preview repaired file" option.
Figure 2: Preview AVI Video
Step 3: Save the repaired AVI video file to your desired location using "Save repaired file" option.
Figure 3: Save Repaired AVI File