No matter how important data is to you, data loss is always a possibility regardless of where it is stored; a computer or any external storage device. If you take a regular backup then, you can avoid any data loss scenario such as formatting, corruption, permanent deletion or missing files, etc.
If you are looking to recover your files such as photos, videos, audio files, Microsoft Office files, etc. from your Windows or any other external storage drive like USB, external hard disk, memory card, and many more, then here is a complete guide on how to safely recover your files under various data loss scenarios.
How to Safely Recover data during the following Data loss scenarios?
- Accidental Deletion on Windows computer.
- Accidental Deletion on external storage device.
- External hard drive/ SD card corruption.
- Deleted or Lost data permanently/ Formatting.
1. How to Recover deleted files from Windows Recycle Bin?
When you have mistakenly deleted files on your Windows computer, then it will be moved to the Recycle Bin. And any accidentally deleted file on Windows PC can be safely restored from the Recycle Bin before emptying it.
Following are the reliable steps to restore accidentally deleted data on Windows:
- Open Recycle Bin on your Windows computer.
- Locate and select the deleted files which you want to safely restore from Recycle Bin.
- Right-click on the selected files and click the Restore button.
- Now, all your files from the Recycle Bin will be safely restored to their previous location or drives.
If the deleted files are not available in Recycle Bin, then this could be due to various reasons like emptying Recycle Bin, deleted files using shift plus delete keys, etc. In order to recover your permanently deleted or lost data using Remo Data Recovery software, move down to the last and most secure method.
2. How to Recover Data from an External drive?
Windows File History is an application currently available on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, etc. to restore previous versions of Windows by backing up files from your Libraries, Desktop, Contacts, and Favorites. Recovering data from your external device using File History is only possible if you have activated it before losing or deleting files from your external storage drive like SD card, External hard drive, SSD, etc. Moreover, you should have also included your external hard drive among the activated file history locations.
Steps to recover data from external hard drive using Windows File History:
- Go to the location or drive from where you previously saved your deleted data.
- Right-click inside that folder or location and select Properties option.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose which version of file history (Backup) you want to recover and click Restore button.
In case if you have not activated the File History, then you need not worry since your data is recoverable. Make use of the Remo Recover software to easily restore lost or deleted data from internal and external drives like external hard drive, SSD, memory card, USB, etc. Moreover, this tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows operating system including Windows 10 and its previous versions.
Move on to the last method to find how to safely recover permanently deleted or lost files using Remo Data Recovery software.
Steps to activate File History on your Windows 10 computer:
If you want to activate File History on your Windows computer, then make use of the below steps.
Go to Control Panel > Security and Maintenance > select File History at the bottom left corner > click on Turn on to activate File History.
Note: Include external hard drive to activate file history locations.
3. How to securely recover files from a corrupt storage device?
Whenever your storage device like an external hard drive, USB, or SD card is corrupt, there is no doubt that your data is at risk. There are various reasons why your storage drive might be corrupt or unreadable. However, by taking a backup of your important files you can avoid a data loss scenario. In case, if you have not taken a backup of your important photos, videos, or other documents then, below is the reliable way to fix your SD card or external hard drive corruption to make your files accessible.
Steps to safely recover data from corrupt or unreadable External hard drive/ USB drive or SD card:
- Connect your external storage drive to your Windows from which you want to recover data.
- Type cmd in Windows search box and Open it as Administrator.
- Now, type the below command in the CMD window and hit Enter:
“ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D M:*.*”
NOTE: Replace “M” with your external storage drive letter.
In case, if the above method doesn’t work for you then, make use of the following method to recover your data from corrupt external hard drive safely using Remo Recover in simple clicks.
4. How to Recover Data using Remo Recover tool? | Safest Way
Utilize Remo Recover tool to restore more than 300 file formats like photos, videos, raw-images, audio files, documents, excel sheets, PDFs, PPTs, etc. after various data loss scenarios like emptied Recycle Bin, permanent deletion or loss of files/ shift + deleted files, formatted or corrupted devices, etc. with ease.
Steps to Recover Data using Remo Recover tool
Note: If you want to recover data from any external storage device like an SD card, USB, or external HDD, then connect it to your computer and start with the following steps.
Step 1: Download and install the Remo Recover tool on your Windows or Mac system.
Step 2: Launch the tool and select the Recover Partitions option.
Step 3: Select the drive from which you want to safely recover data and click the Scan button.
Step 4: Once the data recovery software completes the scanning operation, it displays all the recovered files from your device in Data View and File Type View.
Step 5: Select the files which you want to recover and click the Save button to safely restore them to any location of your choice.
Why Choose Remo Data Recovery software?
- Remo Recover easily restores data under various data loss scenarios like accidental or permanent deletion, formatting or corrupt device, etc, in just a few clicks.
- The tool offers a free preview of the recover data like photos or videos even before you save them to your desired location.
- This data recovery tool safely restores all your data without altering the original content.
- Remo Recover tool is free from virus or any other malware attacks.
- This user-friendly is compatible with all the latest versions of the Windows and Mac operating systems including Windows 10 and macOS Big Sur.