Did you lose your lost favorites on Microsoft Edge? Don’t worry there are simple ways to recover your lost favorites easily. In case if you cannot recover using the free methods then there is a powerful file recovery software that can help you get back your deleted bookmarks. Download the tool and recover favorites from the Microsoft edge.
Microsoft Edge supports storing and synchronizing favorites (also known as bookmarks in other browsers), which is a handy way to keep links to frequently visited websites. It is a quick way to access the web pages on Microsoft Edge. These saved favorites can disappear from the Microsoft Edge browser. When this happens, things can get difficult as you might have to add the sites all over again. You would not have trouble adding a couple of sites, but if you have a huge number of files to restore, then things can get a bit difficult. Luckily, there are few quick ways to restore the favorites on Microsoft Edge disappeared after update.
How do I Restore My Favorites on Microsoft Edge?
You might be left wondering why did the favorites disappear from Microsoft Edge. One possible reason could be because of a Windows update that might have made a change to Microsoft Edge. However, the below information will help you recover the favorites in a simple way.
Restore Disappeared Favorites From Internet Explorer
If you are wondering how to get favorites back on internet explorer, here are a few methods below that will help you restore bookmarks on Microsoft Edge disappeared from Windows 10.
1. Import Favorites From Internet Explorer
If you have lost the favorites on Microsoft Edge you can import them from the older version that is the Internet Explorer. Here is how you can import
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots on the top right corner
- Now click on Favorites from the drop-down and select Manage favorites on Microsoft Edge option.
- Next, click on the three horizontal dots on the top
- Choose Import favorites
- Choose the Microsoft Internet Explorer from the option and hit the Import button
- Now you can find all your files being imported to the favorites
Sometimes your favorites might not be imported from Internet Explorer. This could be because your favorites URLs on Internet explorer are usually stored in C:\Users\User name\Favorites. If your saved URLs are missing from this folder, you will not be able to import them onto Microsoft Edge. One way to get back these URLs lost from the favorite folder is by restoring them to the previous version.
2. Restore Lost Favorites From The Previous Version
The Previous Version helps you restore any data that has been backed up within file history. If you have added your Favorites folder to file history backup, you can restore deleted favorites using the following steps
- Navigate to C:\Users\Username\Favorites right-click on the favorite folder and choose Properties
- Now, select the Previous Versions tab and choose the old version
- Finally, click on Restore to get back all your files lost from Favorites
After retrieving the files, follow the steps mentioned in the first solution to restore your lost favorites on Microsoft Edge.
But what do you do when you don’t have a backup of your lost Favorite items? Worry not! You can still recover them and the only way to do this is by using file recovery software.
3. How to Restore lost Favorites on Windows 10?
If your Favorite items are missing due to an update or accidental deletion, it is impossible for you to search them manually. Remo Recover is an efficient File Recovery Software that can recover the data lost from your Favorites folder. Download and try the software for free now.
Download and install the Remo Recover tool the follow the below steps
Step 1: From the main screen click on the Recover Partition tab
Step 2: Choose the drive that contained the Microsoft Edge Favorites files.
Step 3: Click on the Scan button, once the scan process is completed the recovered files will be listed in File Type View and Data View
Step 4: Finally, select the files and click on Save them to the desired location.
Reasons For Losing Favorites On Microsoft Edge
- Accidental deleting favorites on Microsoft Edge
- Virus attack
- Lost My Favorites/bookmarks on after updating Microsoft Edge
- Software/hardware issues
- Accidentally deleting the favorites while removing the duplicates bookmarks
Tips To Manage Favorites On Microsoft Edge Effectively
You may organize numerous additional features of your saved links using the management tool. You can update existing favorites, conceal labels, and delete favorites and folders, for example. Duplicate bookmarks can also be removed.
Remove Duplicate favorites
If you have knowingly imported my favorites from multiple browsers then it results in creating duplicates, by following the below method you can remove duplicates from bookmarks.
- Open Microsoft Edge, click on the Star icon
- Click on More options (three dots), now you will be displayed a favorites bar list.
- In the favorites, bar list click on the More option and select Remove duplicates favorites
- Click on the Remove
Duplicate favorites and folders will be erased when you finish the instructions, and the changes will sync across devices if sync is enabled.
Hide labels for Favorites
To make room for more links, you can hide the name of a favorite in the favorites bar.
- Right-click the item in the URL bar and select the Show icon only option to hide or show the name of the favorite or folder.
- To restore the label, right-click the item and select the Show icon only option from the context menu.
Follow the instruction mentioned in the article to recover the lost favorites on your Microsoft edge. Sometimes the favorites on Microsoft edge could also be missing due to a technical glitch in the application. To avoid such incidents, you need to update Microsoft Edge. These updates will contain the fix for the issue on your Microsoft Edge.