Summary: Did you lose your critical files from your MacBook Air? Then here is one stop solution to restore files/photos from it. Besides this you can utilise Remo Recover Mac, to recover data from formatted or corrupted drive. This robust tool is built with a powerful scan algorithm that can recover more than 300 file types. This tool is compatible with Mac OS Monterey and its earlier version.
Losing your files from your MacBook can be frustrating. Sometimes files you believed were gone are often simply invisible to the operating system, data recovery on a MacBook Air or Pro is possible. When macOS deletes a file from your MacBook’s hard drive, it does not delete it immediately. Although the space occupied by a file is marked as available for use, the data stays accessible until it is overwritten by fresh data. In this article, we will discuss how to recover hard drive data from MacBook Air.
Reasons Behind Data Loss on MacBook Air
- Accidentally deleting the files from MacBook Air
- MacBook Air is corrupted due to Malware
- Emptying Trash on the Mac
- If the MacBook Air is physically damaged, then it will become difficult to access the data as the MacBook will fail to boot.
- Any interruptions while transferring the data will result in data loss.
Is it Possible to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from MacBook Air?
Yes, it is possible to recover permanently deleted files from MacBook Air/Pro hard drive. When the data from a MacBook Air’s hard drive is deleted, the files reside on the drive until it is overwritten with the new data. Hence it is recommended to stop using the drive if you have encountered data loss.
How to Recover Data from MacBook Air?
Method 1: Recover Accidentally Lost Data on MacBook Air Hard Drive from Trash
If the files from the MacBook Air are accidentally deleted, then the first place to look for deleted files is Trash. Follow the steps below to recover deleted files from Trash.
- On your MacBook Air locate the Trash icon and click on it. In case you are unable to find the Trash icon, then go to the Terminal window and type the following command window: open .trash
- In the Trash look for the files you want to restore, select the files which you want to restore and right click on it and select Put Back
Now you can file the files in their original location.
Method 2: MacBook Air Hard Drive Data Recovery from Time Machine
If you take a backup of your files on the Time Machine then this will pay off during the time of data loss. Follow the steps below to recover deleted files from Time Machine.
- Connect the Time Machine backup disk to recover permanently deleted data from MacBook SSD.
- Now on your Mac screen, click on the Time Machine icon on the menu bar to open the Time Machine. Now choose Enter Time Machine.
- Now locate the files which you want to restore using the Timeline.
- Select the files which you want to restore and click on the Restore
Method 3: Recover Data from SSD of a MacBook Air using Remo Recover Mac
Erased files normally wind up in your MacBook Trash bin, so if you’ve accidentally deleted data, the Trash bin is the first place you should look for them. If your files are permanently deleted then you can restore them if you have already taken a backup of those files. In case you have not taken a backup of the files then make use of Remo Recover Mac.
The Remo Recover Mac tool is built with a powerful algorithm designed to simplify the complicated data recovery procedure. The tool can recover more than 300 file types like Office files, photos, and media files. It is the most trusted leading data recovery application in the industry that is compatible with the Mac version like Monterey and its earlier version.
Step 1: Launch Remo Recover Mac and from the home screen, select Recover Deleted Files option to recover files from MacBook Air.
Step 2: From the listed drives, select the Drive you wanted to recover and click on Next.
Step 3: After scanning the drive, a list of recovered files will be displayed in File Type View and Data View.
Step 4: Now select the files you want to restore and click on the Save option to get back the recovered files to the desired location.
How to Fix a Corrupted Hard Drive on a MacBook Air?
If your MacBook is corrupted, then follow the below mentioned methods to fix the corrupted HDD and recover data.
Fix 1: Run First Aid with Disk Utility
- Go to Finder and and select the Applications and click on the Utilities and select Disk Utility.
- Now select the corrupted drive from the left sidebar and click on the First Aid
- Now click on the Run
Fix 2: Run the FSCK Command
Corrupted file system could also be one of the reasons for the drive to be corrupted. To examine the file system you can run the FSCK command. It is a Terminal command that can determine any issues with the File System. Follow the steps below to run the FSCK command.
- Go to the Finder then select the Applications and click on the Utilities and select the Terminal.
- In the terminal windows type the following command diskutil list and hit Enter.
- Now identify the corrupted disk and then take a note of the identifier path for example: /dev/disk0
- Now restart your MacBook by holding the CMD+S, this you need to do as to enter into the Single User Mode.
- On the white screen type the following command /sbin/fsck -fy “/dev/disk0” , replace “identifier path” with the path we noted down earlier. And hit Enter.
- Once the fsck process is complete, reboot the MacBook.
If the above mentioned methods fail to fix the issue. Then try to format the drive. As it is known formatting will result in the data loss, it is recommended to always take a backup of your important data. Data backup will help you restore files during data loss. In case you have not taken the data and ended up formatting then don’t worry, you can make use of the Remo Recover Mac to get back data from formatted MacBook safe and sound.
How to Recover Data from a Dead MacBook Air?
Your MacBook Air will not even turn on if it is dead or broken. Unfortunately, this could be a result of a physical or hardware issue. You can remove the HDD/SSD from the dead MacBook Air and insert it in the disk enclosure and connect it to the healthy MacBook Air and then you can transfer the files to another healthy laptop or external storage device.
Note: In case your HDD/SSD is physically damaged then it is recommended to visit a physical data recovery centre to take the help of an expert.
Hope this article was helpful in recovering data from Macbook Pro/Air. Data loss is inevitable, so it is recommended to always take a multiple backup of your data. In case you have not taken the backup, worry not! You can make use of Remo Recover Mac, an effective powerful tool with an advanced scan engine that can recover files lost due to various complicated data loss scenarios.