In case if you are looking to recover data from a dead or failed laptop hard drive, then you have landed on the right page. Here is a complete guide on how to recover data from dead laptop hard drive on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. using free and proven methods.
If you are thinking that your PC’s or laptop’s hard drive is dead or failed. Then it should be claimed to due to the following reasons.
- Encountering Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) error on your Laptop.
- Your Windows laptop is not booting.
- The laptop is broken or damaged.
How to Recover Data from Dead Laptop hard drive on Windows?
It is disheartening to know that all your important files such as photos, raw-images, etc. are lost due to your laptop’s failure. Make use of the below-proven methods to recover your data from dead laptop hard drive.
Method 1: Recover data from Dead Laptop hard drive using a hard drive enclosure
Make use of the hard disk enclosure which is a specially designed casing that can be used to access the hard drive of a dead laptop as an external drive on the other working computer. After placing your dead laptop’s hard drive in the hard drive enclosure, your dead laptop’s hard drive will be treated as an external storage drive. By connecting it with any working Windows PC using the data or USB cable, you can easily access and transfer your data from the hard disk of a dead laptop to the working computer.
Note: Make sure your dead laptop’s hard disk is compatible with the hard drive enclosure since different Windows laptops have a different model of a hard disk.
In case, if you are unable to access data from a failed or dead laptop’s hard drive using the above method, then you can retrieve the files from dead laptop using the below method.
Method 2: Recover data from Dead Laptop hard drive using Remo Recover software
Make use of Remo Recover, which is a specially designed data recovery tool to recover data from dead laptop hard drive. Worry not! Even if you are unable to access the dead laptop’s hard drive on your working computer. Remo Recover can easily get back more than 300 file formats such as photos, videos, raw-images, Microsoft Office files, etc. from inaccessible, corrupt, or unreadable internal hard drive and external drives like external HDD, SSD, memory card, USB drive, etc.
Steps to recover data from Dead Laptop hard drive
- Download and install Remo Recover software on your working Windows PC or Mac.
- Place your dead laptop hard drive into the hard drive enclosure.
- Connect the hard drive enclosure to your working laptop.
- Launch Remo Recover on your Working laptop and click the Recover Partitions option.
- Select the dead laptop hard drive from which you want to recover data and click the Scan option.
- Once the scanning operation completes, all your data from dead laptop hard drive will be displayed to you in Data View and File Type View. (In case, if you haven’t found the expected result then, click the Deep Scan option.)
- Now, select the recovered files from dead laptop hard drive which you want to get back and click the Save option to restore them at any place of your choice.
Note: In case if your dead laptop hard drive is physically damaged then, the file recovery software cannot help you recover data from it. At such times, it is recommended to visit a physical data recovery center to take the help of an expert.