Photo Booth is a software application to take photos, videos with your iSight camera by Apple for macOS and iOS. You can edit these photos and videos on Photobooth to iMovie converter software. They can also be emailed, used as iChat icons or photos for contacts on your address book.
There are times when your Photobooth footage does not play on iMovie converter. Apple hasn’t included a button to share the videos with iMovie.
Some of the common issues faced by users include:
- Unable to drag videos onto iMovie interface. Only pictures can be dragged and dropped.
- Unable to import files despite clicking on File – > Import.
- Unable to edit little clips into one big video file.
One of the reasons why your iMovie converter does not recognize the imported Photo booth files is due to the fact that Photobooth application shoots MOV format files. iMovie may not recognize the codec of your video file.
How to add your Photobooth files to iMovie converter?
- Copy your Photobooth files to your system.
- Now download and install Photobooth to iMovie converter software.
- On the left corner of the home screen, click Add file to add your Photobooth videos to the converter.
- In the drop-down menu, select DV as output format for iMovie. Select FLV/SWF to upload Photo booth file to the website, YouTube. Select MP4 for use on iPod, iPad, and iPhone.
- You can edit your footage using Clip, Edit, and Add Effects buttons.
- You can now convert Photo booth video to iMovie. Import this converted video to iMovie for further editing.
The software also allows you to convert photo booth video to formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, RM and so on. You can share these photo booth videos via email, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
Other features of the software include: adjust aspect ratios from original, full screen, 4:3 and 16:9. Adjust contrast, brightness, video saturation and join several video clips into one.
Recover Photo booth files with Remo Recover software
If you accidentally deleted or lost your Photobooth files during the conversion process or while transferring between media devices, do not worry. You can restore these files with Remo Recover software.
The data recovery tool can recover lost, deleted files from all kinds of hard drives, memory cards, memory sticks, FireWire drives etc. All sorts of file types can also be restored with this software. If the file type you are looking for isn’t listed, you can add it with the raw signature search option.
Remo Recover software explains the procedure to recover accidentally deleted photo booth files in simple steps. The user interface of the software is extremely easy to comprehend, even for novice users. One of the best features of this data recovery software is its ability to retrieve RAW images.
The software scans for the deleted or lost data thoroughly and shows you a list of recovered files using Preview feature. You can later save them to a destination folder of your choice.