Is there anything more frustrating than not being able to send or receive emails in Outlook? Your work stops. Sometimes, when sending or receiving emails, you get a 0x800ccc64 error. The error code appears a bit like this –
” SMTP_502_COMMAND_NOTIMPL Command not implemented “
The Outlook 0x800ccc64 error indicates that there is a problem with the PST file. The PST file is probably corrupt and needs to be fixed. This error can severely damage your Outlook data file and result in the loss of many important Outlook attributes such as emails, contacts, notes, logs, RSS feeds, etc.
So, what are the causes of Outlook PST error 0x800ccc64?
- Incorrectly closing the Outlook application
- PST file size exceeds size limit
- Incorrect upgrade of the Microsoft Outlook application
- Plug-in damaged
- PST file corruption due to hardware errors, application malfunction, etc.
Here are some of the causes of the Outlook error code 0x800ccc64. In all these situations, you must act quickly and find a solution to the error, otherwise you will lose all your emails, contacts and other important Outlook data.
Some precautions to take to avoid PST file corruption, and therefore the 0x800ccc64 error are –
- Make sure you do not exceed the size limit of the PST file
- Do not close the Outlook application abruptly when you are still working on a PST file.
- Avoid storing the PST file on a server
- Create multiple PST files to limit file size for each PST file
Here are some of the simple steps you can take to avoid PST file corruption. However, now that the file is corrupted and the 0x800ccc64 error has been resolved, the next step is to correct the error. You can try using the ScanPST tool to fix the error, but serious corruption issues with the PST file can not be solved. So when you can not run ScanPST To repair the PST file, what’s the next step? Remo Repair Outlook PST File is the right choice for repairing corrupt or inaccessible PST files. The tool will fix the error 0x800ccc64 in a few simple steps.
In addition to repairing the corrupt or inaccessible PST file, the Remo PST repair software also recovers its attributes such as emails, contacts, notes, tasks, logs, etc. 2007, 2003 and 2000.