“Could Not Complete the Operation, One Or More Parameter Values Are Not Valid”
After a Windows update, MS Outlook displayed an error “Outlook is not the default email client”. Later, resetting the Outlook as the default client allowed the access to Outlook.
Surprisingly, previous Outlook rules are no longer working. If the user tries to check the Rules and Alerts section, an error message is displayed that states “could not complete the operation, one or more parameter values are not valid”.
Fix “Could Not Complete the Operation…”
Repair Microsoft Office Program:
For Outlook 2010/2013/2016/2019
- Close Outlook program, if it is running
- Open Control Panel, go to Programs and select Programs and Features
- Find and select Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016/2019 program from the list of available applications
- Click the Change button
- Select Repair option and follow the on-screen instructions
For Outlook 2007:
- Open Microsoft Office 2007 program
- Click the Help button present at the top navigation bar, and select Office Diagnostics
- Continue, and click on the Start Diagnostics button
Complete the repair process.
For Outlook 2003:
- Open Control Panel and choose to Add or Remove Programs
- Click on Microsoft Office/Outlook and select Change
- Go for Reinstall or Repair, and proceed by clicking the Next
- Select Detect and Repair option
Track the on-screen guidelines.
Create New Profile
- Close Outlook and go to Control Panel.
- Search and open Mail.
- Click Show Profiles option in the Mail wizard.
- Click the Add button to add a new profile. Name it and hit OK.
- Complete the Auto Account Setup process and hit Finish when done.
- In Mail window, select Prompt for a profile to be used and select the newly created Outlook profile.
- Start the Outlook app.
Repair PST File
Quit Outlook and depending on the version of your Outlook, navigate to below folder:
- In Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- In Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- In Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- In Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- In Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Double-click on the SCANPST.EXE file.
- Click the Browse button and select your Outlook Data File (.pst) to scan.
- Hit the Start button to begin the scanning process.
- If the ScanPST finds any error, then fix them by clicking the Repair button.
Note: Don’t forget to check the checkbox “Make a backup of scanned file before repairing“, prior to starting PST file Repair process.
When the PST file repair process is completed, start your Outlook with the repaired Outlook Data File (PST).
In case, your PST file is severely corrupted or damaged then the Inbox Repair tool (ScanPST) cannot repair it completely. Then, how to fix errors detected in the file Outlook PST? Well, here is the solution.
Remo Repair Outlook – an excellent Outlook repair tool is at your help. This result-oriented software can repair corrupt PST files created on any version of MS Outlook. This is a read-only program (The tool do not modify your original PST file, instead it works on its replicate) available for free download. It assuredly fixes broken, damaged, inaccessible, or corrupt PST files irrespective of the cause for corruption. So, give it a try, if ScanPST is not helpful for you.
- Remove network cable and disable wireless network connection in your computer.
- Open Control Panel and click on System.
- Select System Protection and choose System Restore.
- Click Next, select the most recent restore point (where your system was working fine).
- Go Next and Finish the process.
- Opt Yes when prompted to start the system restore.
- When the system restore process is completed, reboot the computer.
- Now, open your Outlook to check “Could Not Complete the Operation, One Or More Parameter Values Are Not Valid” error is resolved.